Sunday 8 December 2013

My Last First Kiss (And other musings)

I came across this article today called "When You Want to Kiss Them" and it's been a while since I read anything that really had me engaged like that...

"There comes a time when, more than anything else in your entire life, you want to kiss a certain someone for the first time. And that moment scratches a line across your life path, dividing it into the time before you kissed them and the time after you kissed. Whenever you find yourself hovering above that line, briefly paused, your faces inches from each other, as you share the same air, conversing only with your eyes; that burning anticipation is one of the best moments we ever know. And hopefully, it’s followed by an even better moment when hesitation evaporates and you savor that first lip smack like a blissed-out love junkie."

Beautiful writing. Sometimes I wish I could relate more but then that really can't be helped. I mean, I have been infatuated lots of times but in love? I'm not really sure. People are really casual about kissing because it isn't sex and it doesn't have any consequences... some have told me it's supposed to be fun and I shouldn't obsess over who I'm kissing. I could've made out with random dudes during dates if I wanted to, you know. It's just that I never really got it into my head that I wanted it to be without someone other than a guy I cared about and not just a casual date. And no, it isn't about being a prude or not wanting intimacy. It's gotten to a point when I could live without it a while longer.

 I want to feel like that guy in the article did and know that it was a singular awesome experience. I think kissing someone is really special, it's the first step towards opening a part of yourself to the possibility of entwining lives with another person.

“The decision to kiss for the first time is the most crucial in any love story. It changes the relationship of two people much more strongly than even the final surrender; because this kiss already has within it that surrender.”
- Emil Ludwig







No comments:

Post a Comment